Revive Tea Syrup Cake
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 40-60 minutes
- Serves 6-10
- Serves 6-10
Special Dietary NotesGluten Free
VariationsThis recipe also makes beautiful cupcakes
60g melted butter
1 cup (150g) gluten free self-raising flour
1/2 cup (110g) caster or white sugar (for cake)
1/3 cup (80ml) warmed milk
2tbs Flavourista Revive Tea
1 cup boiling water
2/3 cup white sugar (for syrup)
1. Let the tea steep in the boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. Grease and line a cake or loaf tin and preheat oven to 180°.
3. Strain the liquid from the steeped tea into a bowl or mug, retaining the tea leaves Steep the tea leaves in the warm milk for 5 minutes.
4. In a bowl, combine the butter, flour, sugar and eggs a mix lightly.
5. Strain the milk into the bowl of ingredients and dispose of the tea leaves.
6. Mix together either by hand or mixer until well combined.
7. Pour ingredients into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes (baking time may vary depending on cake pan and oven performance) or until golden brown and firm to touch.
8. In a saucepan heat strained tea and sugar on medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Allow liquid to come to a low boil and continue stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
9. Take cake out of the oven and spoon half of the syrup over the cake while both the cake and syrup are still warm.
10. Turn cake out onto a wire rack to cool.
11. Serve cake with a drizzle of syrup and a dollop of cream (if wanted).
Submitted by: Kelly West